On July 18, 2022, Coteccons Group was honored to be ranked 7th out of 20 companies from the VN100 Index (comprising the 100 largest listed companies in the Vietnamese stock market) that were comprehensively evaluated across the three ESG criteria: environment, social, and governance, announced by the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange.
This achievement is the result of Coteccons being dedicated to conducting our construction operations in a sustainable and responsible manner, prioritizing ESG considerations to minimize environmental impacts, ensure safety and well-being, and uphold ethical and transparent business practices.
You can find the report of InnoLab.Asia here: bit.ly/499Bzrx
With a view to enhancing our position to the international standard and competitive capacity in the global market, we follow the path of ESG by our own choice. We are committed to reducing our environmental impacts through sustainable practices. We prioritize energy efficiency, low-carbon emissions, responsible waste management and resource conservation to promote a greener future for all. The commitment of Coteccons Group towards doing sustainable and environmentally friendly business is demonstrated through the completion of numerous projects that have acquired LEED Certificate (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). We have a total of 38 projects meeting the standard, namely: LEGO Binh Duong Factory (Platinum), President Place (Gold), Jotun Vietnam Greenfield (Gold), Porsche Center Saigon II (Gold), Diamond Lotus Riverside (Gold), Lancaster Luminaire (Gold), Diamond Crown Hai Phong (Gold), Tetra Pak Binh Duong (Gold), Regina Miracle International Vietnam Factory (Silver), Coca-Cola HCM Site Master Plant (Silver), Marigot Jewlery Vietnam Factory (Silver), PepsiCo Bac Ninh Factory (Silver), etc.
We prioritize a safe and healthy work environment, uphold human rights, engage with our communities, and promote worker well-being. Our employees and stakeholders are at the heart of our operations, and we strive to make a positive impact in everything we do. Some of our highlighted programs are:
- OUR HOME Project: We support the local communities. We have renewed 109 constructions in 19 provinces/cities all over the country through the project.
- Bring the Moon to the Village Journey Program: We have organized memorable full-moon nights for almost 2,000 children in disadvantaged areas such as Binh Thuan Province, Binh Phuoc Province, Yen Bai Province, and Ben Tre Province.
- Coteccons Next-Gen: We empower the next generations with scholarships for the best students in the Faculty of Construction at universities. We are committed to preparing for the next generation of Vietnamese engineering. Through supporting local partners and schools, we help students continue studying and empower future leaders to pursue their passion.
- Coteccons GreenUp Marathon: We promote a Green, Sustainable and Eco-friendly lifestyle not only within the Company but also among our partners and community. All the profits and sponsorship received are used as funds to plant more trees.
- Coteccons GreenUp – Tree Planting Activity: With over 2,000 forest trees planted at Phong Nha’s Ke Bang Botanical Garden and 8,000 green plants in the white-necked langur conservation in Quang Binh Province.
- Coteccons Green Uniform: Green uniforms made from 100% recycled materials like coffee grounds and plastic bottles.
- BUILD TET Program: The journey of bringing a warm and happy Tet holiday for over 12,000 workers at 60 construction sites across the country.
Additionally, we also raise the community’s awareness by holding workshops on sustainable development with the support of LEED specialists from the Vietnam Green Building Council, attracting a great number of participants internally as well as partners and businesses. Our commitment to environmental sustainability is an integral part of our business model, and we continuously improve our performance to contribute to a greener future for all.
Some photos of the workshop: